We are curators, collectors, art advisors, private dealers and editors with expertise in Chinese contemporary art and a passion for artists from especially the Post-1970s and -1980s generation.
Being fully involved in the Asian art scene since 2006, we are aware of the exciting happenings and changes in the art scene and market – not only in China but also beyond. This includes the way art is presented, valued and ultimately also collected.
In a region and environment that is developing and changing rapidly, continuous in-field observation, research and analyses provides us with profound market knowledge.
Spotting new artistic positions, identifying art movements and evaluating artists’ developments, we aim to provide our clients with the most up-to-date insight into the evolvement of the art scene. Besides emerging positions, we equally advise on blue-chip artists. Even so we do not believe in acquiring art for an investment purpose as a goal in itself, we are aware of this strategic dimension and the extraordinary performance in value, collections can have. We have worked with artists as well as clients in close collaboration for over the last years and have become known for this long-term commitment.
The spectrum of possible corporate engagements in the Chinese art scene is wide, allowing creative approaches and inventive ideas. An integral part of our advisory to the client reflects along the lines of visibility, credibility and uniqueness. To help us do this, we can rely on our personal contacts and institutional network which we have developed over the past years.
Cooperating with world-class art publishing houses and inviting critically acclaimed curators, art critics and writers, we regularly publish books giving insights into the Chinese art scene and the art market as well as highlighting individual artistic positions.
Hong Kong Artists
published by Verlag für Moderne Kunst (2012)
Featured artists include Lam Tung-pang, Lee Kit, Tsang Kin-Wah, Adrian Wong
Texts by Kito Nedo, Phil Tinari, Pauline J. Yao, Anthony Yung et al.
Young Chinese Artists
published by Prestel (2010), revised edition
Featured artists incl. Birdhead, Chen Ke, Qiu Xiaofei, Wang Guangle, Wen Ling
Texts by Huang Du, Carol Lu, Pauline J. Yao, Azure Wu, Martina Köppel-Yang et al.
published by KV Konstanz (2009)
Curatorial advise has been embarked on a number of museums and projects have been organized with institutions, universities and corporates including
- Center for International Light Art, Unna
- Centre de Culturel Rencontre, Luxembourg
- Hugo Boss AG, Metzingen
- Internationale Lichttage, Winterthur
- Kunsthalle Osnabrück, Osnabrück
- Kunstverein Konstanz, Konstanz
- Kunstverein Viernheim, Viernheim
- Lufthansa, Beijing
- Mannheimer Kunstverein, Mannheim
- Rockbund Art Museum, Shanghai
- Schering Foundation, Berlin
- Siemens AG, Munich
- The Centrum Kunstlicht in de Kunst, Eindhoven
- Universität für angewandte Kunst, Vienna
- ZKM, Karlsruhe
Our work, projects and publications have been widely covered in the arts and general press including LEAP, Art in China, Beijing Today, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, brand eins, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Art Asia Pacific and Yishu. Please find selected media below.
- Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Neue Gründerzeit
- Art Basel, Hong Kong’s Next Generation
- milk magazine, Hong Kong Artists
- Art Asia Pacific, Getting a Bird’s-eye View
- Handelsblatt, Kunst in Hong Kong
- Berliner Zeitung, Gefangen im Käfig aus Licht
- Die Welt, Transformationen
- Yishu, Young Chinese Artists: The Next Generation
- Studio International, Young Chinese Artists: The Next Generation
We welcome your inquiries and ideas. Please be in touch with us by phoning us at +852 3489 0529, or by sending us an email to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
THE MINISTRY OF ART Ltd
340 Queen‘s Road Central
Director: Christoph Noe
Tel: +852 34890529